New cool&singular Interview? Info needed...
Hello, I received this interview by mail while I was updating the Crackerjackbox
Since I don't know the source ... where does it come from? Has anyone an idea - something that i missed or what?...
it's really cool tho. I wonder how the interviewer acted with these answers
however I think it's a joseph original interview... the style is that
1. How are you? Are you situated back in New York?
beyond all qualifications
situated in space consiousness
blessed monkey boogie beat heart
shot out the gate white heat
2. Our Shadows Will Remain is your first release for Vector (also home of Damien Rice) - how did this releationship begin?
began as dream
bearded and fat and drunk
hic cup on the side of the road
wed like ya to come back to new york sir
and here is a ticket
and thank you very much
3. Virgin Records (of which RealWorld is a sub-label of) has been "downsizing" many of it's artists that I have followed over the past few years (is this anything "new"?), a family of which you were a part of. Can you tell us anything about your move since come to where I'm from . (2002's Redemption's Son was released on Enjoy / RealWorld / Universal)
this evil hearted beast
in the dark sewer
4. What is the first single from Our Shadows Will Remain, and will there be a video?
people in the cafe are reading and drinking
chairs move by themselves
its gonna rain
all the songs will be released
new technologies are being invented
each song has a video built in
just close your eyes
5. On particular tracks like the stunning ''Stumble and Pain'' and ''Echo Park'', you can actually dig down far enough to hear the acoustic lying underneath each songs tecnical structure (as well as the support of Prague's Philharmonic strings section who end ''Stumble and Pain'' in epic fashion). How do your songs normally take shape? [as in multi-tracking at various locations, late night brainstorming.. ]
well you cant imagine
before the event
is always suprising
i am the witness
i am the witness
the spirit moves
i encourage and help
help by staying removed
encourage by plugging into the source
of which i am
fear not for i am with thee
make something new
6. I see a few new (to me) names on this record (Greg Whiz & Julia Darling - her enchanting vocals on ''A Smile That Explodes'' ,once heard, are hard to imagine the song without), have you worked with these two artists in the past?
7. There are some very rare releases out there that myself as well as others I know have been losing sleep to find, such as Rusty Water & Crawling on Bones. What is the real story behind these 2 albums and will either ever be "officially" released?
don't trade your dreams for mine
8. I have only had the opportunity to witness you play live once (supporting David Gray in 2001[?]). On this particular evening you played solo and were creating all accompanying sounds with live feedback and pedals - the image of a pulsing red light on your acoustic easily comes to the front of my mind. Do you normally tour alone or with a full band?
cats on the wall
with or without
my mind bleeds fire
9. 2000's Live at the Gypsy Tea Room - was this recorded specifically for an official / promotional release?
no then yes
10. The incredible 40-some shows that helped in raising funds (over $200,000) for our next President John Kerry included a performance by you last month. How did you get involved in the benefit?
david poe called
and he's from ohio
11. Holding the Void was a small departure from your previous releases in that it was primarily electric (save for "Don't Be Afraid") - was this a one time type of rock album or will there be another like it?
there will be another
never like it
12. Do you generally have the final say in your compositions being licensed to motion picture soundtracks (see: American Wedding, Shrek 2, Jungle 2 Jungle...)?
when all the breath is gone from our lungs
13. I'd like to ask about the origin of one older song in specific, ''Creation or a Stain'' (from 2000's come to where I'm from) . Obviously every song has it's own story - what is the tale behind it in particular?
a rat tail
tail of the beast
a red tail
chasing devil horns
a dog chasing his own
i spit blood and took myself to the hospital
i realised i was not who i thought i was
14. How can us normal folk own some of your incredible original artwork?
make yer own
follow the brush
or copy mine
paint with the whole body
naked in the flames
let yourself be swallowed
15. In a magazine interview from 2003, you had mentioned that you wanted to ".. eliminate the negativity from your life - like television - and drugs." Have you chased either of those off yet?
just objects in space
my bike folds up
thats me on the brooklyn bridge
16. What makes you happy?
drum beats and nudity